Adventures in Geocaching
We are delighted to have Alex back today to share about geocaching.
Geocaching is a fun outdoor activity that can be shared as a family. Geocaching can be enjoyed in every season. I like to think of geocaching as a treasure hunt. It encourages us to get outdoors while having fun.
Caches are found all over the world. They are small containers that include a log and sometimes other items. To find out if any are in your area, visit geocaching.com
. The site also has information on how to get started. Basically, you can use your own smart phone with a GPS app to find the caches, or a geocaching app; or an actual GPS. Choose how many caches you will try to find, go out and have fun!
– be sure to be properly dressed for the weather
– plan your route ahead of time
– keep safety in mind at all times – snow covered obstacles, icy spots…
– keep to a reasonable amount of time based on your children’s ages
– plan for hot drinks and yummy snacks when you get home
– have fun!
Thank you for sharing with us this week, Alex!