We love the solar system and over the years have made many versions of the planets that orbit the sun. We have shared this particular project in the past on other sites, but it has been a few years and when we recently came across these wonderful little felt planets (and hung them up to hang down from the ceiling) we knew it was time to share again.
What you need:
– Needle and thread
Yup! That’s it! Pretty basic, right!
1. Pick out felt for each planet, including the little details that make each planet unique.
2. Cut out 2 circles for each planet and the details.
3. Sew on the details.
4. Sew the two circles for each planet (wrong sides together) leaving a gap for stuffing. This can be done by hand or on the machine. Sewing circles on the machine can be a challenge but if one goes slow it can be fun.
5. Stuff each planet (a chopstick is helpful here).
6. After stuffing sew up the gap.
They can then be played with, jumbled up and placed in the right order, hung up from the ceiling and so much more.
Simple and fun! The perfect cozy solar system project for these still somewhat chilly days of spring!
Check back in tomorrow for a sky watching inspired giveaway!